Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Coaching" 3 year old soccer

Trophy!


So, I endeavored to coach Rori's soccer team this spring.  We had a few weather issues like snow and rain, but it was a lot of fun.  We had 7 little boys and girls, ages 3 and 4.  They have a lot of energy when they want to and they just want to sit down when they are tired.  I compare it to herding cats.  I was usually quite tired by the end of the game or practice, but I think they had fun.  I found out the key to any 3 year old is the promise of stickers.  Stickers will get you everywhere.  Occasionally they noticed there was a ball on the field as well.  One child would rather do forward rolls than play.  We could dribble out of the field, around the back of the goal and back on to the field.  Very fun!
Stretching

Go Snow Leopards!


  

No comments: